Wednesday 3 December 2014

Lara Kate's Bridal Shower



The Bachelorette Party is the bride’s and all of her good friends’ last chance to enjoy a fun occasion together before she gets hitched. So, this will be one of the more fun pre-wedding events to plan for, and can range anywhere from casual and relaxed to wild and zany, the sky’s the limit. If you’re planning on hosting it at hotel; accommodations, transport, long-distance travel, entertainment, and invitations should be planned months in advance. For tips on how to throw a Bridal Shower, click this link.


On the day of the shower, arrive early and set up to avoid last minute panic or stress. Have your own dress or attire chosen well ahead of time. Make sure you have a toast prepared to make for the Bride; allow time for games and fun, keep track of all the presents received and who they are received from; and help with the clean up afterwards.


Let me show you how I threw Lara Kate's Bridal Shower.

It was a "Love is Sweet and Pink" Themed Bridal Shower.

For starters, here is the invitation I made. I only uploaded this in my FB page because even if I have hard copies I won't be able to give these to them. I got the draft picture from google (I would really want to give credit to the owner of this picture but I apologize because I cannot find the link where I found it.), and I just changed the details of the event. Since I honestly have no idea who I should be inviting, I asked the Bride-to-be to do this for me. But if you are planning to do a surprise shower, it is your duty to do a little research on who to invite on the said event.



Pink is one of the bride's favorite color. So you can just imagine the look in her face when these is what welcomed her.

From decors to favors, name it, it's all pink!

I used crepe papers as the main ceiling decorations. I also printed out some crazy quotes in a bond paper and used nylon threads to make it look like their hanging notes.


Pink and Purple --- Pretty streamers cut to make a beautiful fringe effect.

Kiss the Single Life Goodbye!

Thanks to my colleague Raine for having a very impressive penmanship.
Its easy to make a sash like this. All you need is a good
penmanship, a pentel pen, and glitter glue. 


I rented a KTV Room at Chug Restobar, because it is more convenient and budget friendly. The room is good for 10-15 people (if you're only there to enjoy the videoke). But if you are planning to play games, it is ideal to accommodate 5-8 people only. The room is with an L-shaped sofa but monobloc chairs are readily available upon request. Also, they have a big rectangular-shaped table, and an extra small one, too. The room is with very minimal lights and a 36" tv with 2 microphones. And they have this really really cute kikay curtains. Yes, they're pink! Chug Restobar is located at the 2nd floor of Riverside Arcade, Riverside Drive, Sta.Lucia, Pasig. It is just a few blocks away from Ever Gotesco Mall Ortigas branch, just behind Ministop. They are open everyday from 4pm-4am. They have very affordable room rentals, yummy foods, and drinks as low as P310 for a bucket of 10 bottles.


Since I have a theme, I don't think it is appropriate to serve the foods in their menu for the said event. So I asked permission to Alan, one of the bar owners/manager, if I can bring in some foods and cakes. He agreed but with corkage fees of course.


In line with the theme, the foods that are served during the event were mostly sweet and pink. I borrowed a chocolate fountain from a colleague (Thanks, Karen!), bought Pink-Chocolate Syrup for the fountain, prepared skewers wrapped in pink crepe paper, pretzels, marshmallows, wafer sticks, and small containers (mostly bought at Chocolate Lover). I also served my home-made cheese sticks.And I ordered a bucket of drinks for the girls, too.








The mini program started around 8:30pm. I asked everyone to introduce themselves and enlighten us how each one is related to the Bride-to-be. Personally, I think this a must in every party, especially if it's only a small group. And then we started playing games. I intend to create a separate blog to be more specific on the bridal shower games. You can click on this link if you want to have ideas on what games to play.




So after all the giggles, laughters, and kinky behaviours exposed, it is the bride's turn to show us her wild side. No strippers, sorry!


Actually, I have different suppliers for this one. I got the base of the cake from *** Bakeshop near our place. I knew it was the perfect base-cake because I wanted a chocolate cake with sprinkles, not too small and not too big. I bought the additional flower designs/toppings at Chocolate Lover. The Penis-like toppings is custom made. I asked my favorite baker, Chef Franchesca, to do it for me. And yes it is edible! :)





Party favors are optional. I have customized the Graham Balls that I ordered from a colleague. I used skewers wrapped with pink crepe paper, crepe ribbon and a transparent cellophane to make my own version of Graham Lollies with gift tags.




Unlike party favors, gifts are not optional. It is traditionally a must to bring your gift for the Bride-to-be in attending a shower. Okay, so I might have had splurge a little more than ideal since I bought not, one, not two, but 6 different types of gifts. Let's just say I just really really want to spoil my friend and make her feel how truly special she is to me.




Lotion

Sexy pink dress

Purple thong

Lavander shower gel

Room Fragrance sticks

Bath soaps



Pillow case from Tita Melody

It was indeed on of the nights to remember. I have encountered a lot of challenges while preparing and during the said event but it was all worth it when Lara hugged and thank me. I can therefore conclude that the Bridal shower was a success!







No comments:

Post a Comment