Saturday 13 June 2015

Church Wedding vs. Garden Wedding


Our original choices were Church wedding, garden wedding, and beach wedding. But now were down to two.

It is true that we only get married once. And like most couples too, we also want to have our perfect wedding. When we picture what type of wedding we want, we coincidentally come up with the same ideas. Simple, laid back, and romantic is all that comes to our mind.

A garden wedding is prolly a practical choice. You can set up both the ceremony and reception in one venue. Plus, it is less hassle since you and your guests don't have to travel from one place to another. Waldz wanted a garden wedding like the ones Neri Naig and Chito Miranda had. I, on the other hand, wanted a garden wedding like the ones Karylle Tatlonghari and Yael Yuzon had.

We picture ourselves saying our vows during the sunset in a very romantic garden. But there is really something inside of me that wants to get married in the church.

Waldz and I are both Roman Catholics. We may not be consistently attending Sunday mass, but our Faith never changed.
Church is a very important part of my life,
growing up and now.
I grew up Catholic and I'm definitely getting married Catholic. 
I've always imagined my wedding to be -- in a house of worship, before God and my friends and family. Religion has always been very important to me. And I feel that there is importance to being married in a house of God. Lucky me that I have a partner who shares the same faith and values and agreed to marry me a church.

And since we also really want to have the wedding as cozy as possible, we've  decided to do the reception in a garden. (Yey!)







No comments:

Post a Comment