Sunday 16 August 2015

Hello AUGUST!


Besides the fact that this is the birth month of both my mom and older sister, this is also the birth month of our dear Keera! So welcome August!


August 1, 2015
Actually we already have a few things to do today. I woke up extra early -- extra early meaning before lunch, usually around 10-11am. Early enough to spend an hour in taking a bath and getting ready to go, as in completely ready to go. I prepared a sandwich for Waldz and I while waiting for him. Initial plan was to meet Adrian and LA and fetch Waldz' parents in the terminal and then go to the airport. But I guess there has been a little miscommunication so it didn't turn out that way. Anyway, Waldz and I went to McDonald's Quezon Avenue to wait for his parents there. When they arrived we headed straight to the airport via EDSA which took us almost 4 hour-long-freaking-ride. This usually only takes 40-50 minutes drive without traffic. You can just imagine how worse the traffic was. Our butts were sore and it began tiring to do nothing. Even worse for the driver. Waldz had been awfully quiet the whole trip. I knew he was tired but chose not to complain. Such a patient sweetheart!

The main reason why we were going to the airport is because we are sending off LA (Waldz' brother) to Qatar. He signed a year contract to work there as a Civil Engineer. It's true that the airport is the happiest and saddest place in this world. When we arrived there, I started being quiet because I was secretly observing them. I remember how we used to send off my older brother, Marc to Brunei. I have always been teary-eyed but tried my best not to shed a tear. As I was observing them, Sofie (Waldz' sister) on the other hand, have been teasing her parents to cry. LA looked so excited to board the plane, prolly because he had been unemployed for a few months now. He gave all of us a good warm hug as he bid goodbye.

When LA have already checked in his baggage, we left. We dropped by KFC, the nearest fast food chain in the airport. And then we went through the same Saturday traffic madness. This time we took the C5 route. Waldz' parents was about to check in at Tune Hotel for the night but Waldz insisted that he can still drive so we can continue with our itinerary to go to Morong, Rizal.

Due to severe traffic again, we all got hungry. We stopped by Sillon, an All-Day Breakfast Restaurant somehere along Libis. After our late dinner, we headed straight to Morong.


Most of our time today is spent sitting in the car stuck on traffic. But I wouldn't call it a waste of my time. In fact, it served as a quality time well spent. I get to talk to his parents and shared silly jokes together, doing the craziest things just to entertain ourselves. It was a once in a lifetime experience. Sometimes, traffic do not always give you negative feeling!






















No comments:

Post a Comment