Tuesday 16 June 2015

First Wedding Trip To Baguio: (Part 1)


Baguio is about 6-8 hours away from Manila. And like what I said from my previous post, we will only have a few limited weekends to go to Baguio. So we have to make sure that we make most of our trip. We have to plan and organize our time and appointments. Prior travelling there, I have already have my top choices of church, reception venue, photographer/videographer, and caterers, which were all pre-approved by Waldz of course. I have called them and set some appointments to meet them on the day we planned to go there.

March 22, 2015 (Sunday)
Waldz and I went to Baguio. We were late. So sadly we have to cancel our appointment with the potential caterer and the p/v. Being the OC-type in planning an event, I was a little pissed.

Anyway, according to most of the posts I have read, the first thing you need to accomplish is the confirmation of the date. We went to church we've chosen, Holy Family Parish Church. It is located at Bakakeng Norte. It was both our first time to go there. We were honestly both excited and nervous when we entered the church. It was huge. It can accommodate at least 300 guests, I think. It was simple and is suitable for our wedding theme, too. I looked at Waldz and asked him what he thinks. I wanted to make sure he is having the same "This is it!" feeling I currently have. I was relieved to hear him say that it was perfect! Whew!

It half past 3 and there was no mass yet. We found 2 guys and a lady practising  (I think they're part of the choir). We asked them where the church office is at. And they were polite enough to lead us the right directions. We were welcomed by a lady (forgot her name, sorry). We told her our intentions to get married in their church. She asked us questions and was a bit surprised that we chose their church, since it was not really that famous. She asked us our target date. With no hesitations, I told her that we plan to get married on January 25, 2016 (Monday).

The Sad truth
The lady said that the church strictly do not hold weddings on Sundays and Mondays. It's either we look for a different church who will be available on our preferred date or we stick to our chosen church but have to reschedule. I was sad and either way does not work for me. So even if we were ready to reserve the church right then and there, we didn't because we still need to talk about it.

I told Waldz how I really want the church. He knows how resistant I am to change, so he knows that this is something we can not decide impulsively. Sigh.







No comments:

Post a Comment