Tuesday 9 June 2015

Genesis: The Beginning Of The Journey

After a few months of being on cloud nine, comes the reality to face that you need to do a lot of planning for "The Big Day!"

So, now what?!

Lucky for some couple who hire a Full Wedding Coordinator, they only have to lay their cards on how much their budget is and how they would want to maximize it. But there are also a few clueless couples (like us), who could but wouldn't hire a coordinator. In our case, we chose not to hire a full coordinator since we have a strict budget to follow. Although some would really invest on this because they are either too busy or they just want to avoid stress during the preparation.

The first few weeks are always the crucial days since it involves big decision making. This is the period where the couples usually, if not always, argue. Most of the time, it is the bride-to-be who does the initial decisions and asks their groom-to-be to make the final decisions. And usually, the guys just agree to anything you present them. It doesn't mean that they do not care. It is just not their thing. Leave with it, honey. 

I am not an expert here. But this things are all based on my experience. I am also a bride-to-be and I hope my journey will serve as a guide to future brides-to-be.

There is really so much to think about. Now where do we start?

Experience is always the best teacher.
The first thing I did is that I tried to ask some recently married friends. I asked them about their wedding suppliers, the contact details, (and if you're really close) you can even ask them how much the rates are. The advantage of this is that you can ask them their comments about the suppliers on how they work. So don't be shy, send them those Private Messages! I am pretty sure they will recommend only the best of the best. Free consultation, dearies!



After I have the necessary details and feedback, I sorted out which ones will work for me and our budget. For now, my fiancĂ©e and I have to decide on the Big 3W's. When? What? Where?

WHEN
January 25, 2016. This will  be our 9th year anniversary! (Yey!

WHAT
I have always wanted to have a church wedding and a garden reception, while Waldz would want a beach wedding (hence, the proposal venue--Caramoan Island). The type of wedding is yet to be finalized.

WHERE
Manila? Dagupan? Baguio? We are still undecided. Always remember that there are still a lot to consider in choosing your wedding location. 


It will feel like an overwhelming amount of choices before that, but once your date and wedding venue are confirmed, the rest will start to fall into place.









No comments:

Post a Comment