Friday 7 August 2015

Wedding Trip: Bride On Duty


Mr. Groom-to-be had been busy lately due to their month-end reports. Sadly, he wasn't allowed to take a day off to help me ran some wedding errands. I was close to cancelling my plotted leave last Friday, but I brought out the inner independent girl in me. I have decided to go home to our province and make use of this day to do some wedding-related stuffs.


(Friday) July 24, 2015
It's a weekday and as expected, mom needs to go to work, and my MOH JM have classes to attend to. I was home alone. (huhu!) I have already planned the things that I will be doing that day to keep myself busy like everyone else.

First stop was at National Statistics Office in Calasiao (one jeepney ride from home). I arrived at 9:30-ish and I got number 158 on cue. I filled out the form and patiently waited for my turn. I requested a copy of my birth certificate which now cost 140Php. I was able to get my certificate around 10:30. I honestly haven't tried this before but based on my experience that day, the flow of their system is organized and fast. Prolly because I did not expect to finish it that quickly.

Second stop was at Parish of Saint John the Evangelist (also one jeepney ride from NSO). I was politely assisted by the security guard to the parish office. I was able to get a copy of my baptismal and confirmation certificates both at 50Php each. There was no cue so it only took me a few minutes to get it. I was very impressed that they still have the original copy written in a old hard record book. (Talk about real vintage book!) It only took me less than 30 minutes to get the paper works done. While I was waiting, I inquired about the process if I was getting married out of town. I'm not sure if I was just hungry or tired but thinking about it now, I can't remember all their answers.

Before heading to my third destination, I stopped by the chapel and uttered a little prayer. My lola asked me to light 3 candles for our departed loved ones, and so I did. Made me miss Tatay, again!

My third stop was at COMELEC office. I have missed my chance to vote twice so I am mandated to revalidate my profile. I honestly have no plans in exercising my right to vote anytime soon. I am not updated to any issues nowadays and I am not confident that I will be able to choose the right candidate. But my mom keeps on bugging me to do it. And as an obedient daughter, I obliged. I am so glad that they had the "no lunch break policy!" Anyway, there are only a few people there that time, mostly were teenagers. I was asked to fill out my personal details on a 2-pages answer sheet back-to-back in 4 copies. I feel like a first time voter going all through these. After that they took my biometrics, photo and signature. I asked if I can have a Voter's ID but the lady in charge told me that it usually takes at least 3 years to get one.

I was beginning to get tired and lazy but I have nothing to do at home so I decided to continue wandering. I stopped by the grocery and bought a liter of mineral water. I was a bit hungry but decided to just eat siomai. (Siomai House is heart!) Then I took a jeepney ride to the van terminal to Manaoag.

The church that truly gives me comfort every time, Shrine Of Our Lady Of Manaoag. She is like family to me. She knows when I am truly desperate and when I am absolutely in cloud nine. I visit her as often as I could. As usual, I went to see her and updated her with my life. After reflecting, I ask for her guidance. And every time I do, I always go home relieved and renewed.  After doing my usual routine, talking to her, lighting some candles, and giving mass offerings, I went home.

Before heading straight home, I dropped by the grocery again to buy some ingredients for the food I am planning to cook for dinner. I am not a pro in cooking but I love to try to cook. I was planning to cook Baked mac. I got the recipe from a close friend (Thanks Mights!) and every time I cook this, I always get praised! I hope my family will like it, too. Fingers crossed.


So to sum it all up, it was a productive Friday for me. I never thought I can do this much all in one day! And let me also take this chance to give a shout out to our goverment offices in Dagupan, specifically NSO and COMELEC. You did a great job in organizing the system. Kudos to that! I am one happy citizen!















No comments:

Post a Comment