Friday 14 August 2015

A Week Of Farewell


July 27, 2015
Waldz told me the bad news. He said that his uncle (his dad's brother) is rushed to the hospital. Initially due to a severe headache but just a few hours after he arrived in the hospital  he is already in a comatose state caused by congenital aneurysm. I can see with Waldz reaction that he was devastated. I did my best to comfort him. I began to ask questions and prolly he was still in denial stage because he was unable to answer back. I brave myself in reading all the messages they sent in their group chat. Some of his cousins were able to narrate exactly what happened. Some even shared the photos they took on his birthday which was only a few weeks ago. But mostly asked for prayers for the recovery of Tito Cesar. I was crying the whole time I was reading the chat thread and even more when I relayed these details to Waldz.

July 29, 2015
Waldz, Pando (Waldz' youngest brother) and I, went to Binangonan Lakeview Hospital to visit their Uncle. He is still in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit), and is still in coma. Everyone is obviously trying to hold back their tears in their puffy eyes. Supposedly, it was the day for them to decide if they are are going to continue with the life support or not. It is going to be a very hard decision. The doctors have already told them their options. The family decided to give it another day to decide. We only stayed for a few hours since it was a work week.

July 30, 2015
Tito Cesar left us. The family decided to remove the life support since there was only 5% chance according to the doctors. A few minutes after, his heartbeat is in flat line.

August 1, 2015
We went to Morong Rizal. We arrived at half past 8 in the evening. Looking at Tito Cesar's body inside the coffin, his face looks at peace. I whispered a little prayer. I am glad I met him even before he left us. But it still makes me sad knowing he already left us. I volunteered to be the one to stay up all night since I am used to this nocturnal shift. Besides, looking at their puffy eyes I can see that they haven't slept properly for a week now. Ate Joy (Walds' cousin) also tried to stay up with us and she was making us laugh the whole time. Her jokes are really funny. I was the last person to stay awake. I think I slept at 8am only because Waldz' dad forced me rest. Then we went home Sunday afternoon.

August 5, 2015
The last time we will ever see Tito Cesar.

Don't worry, I already told my grandpa, Tatay Pedro that you're on your way to heaven. He will meet you there Tito Cesar, along with my other grandpa, Tatang Joseph, with Myele and Blake. No goodbyes. Just see you again. May your soul rest in peace.




*** There are some people who believe that it is inappropriate to be laughing or smiling during the wake. I respect that. But we all have different beliefs and I hope you can keep an open mind about our behaviour. Please excuse us if you think it's immoral.

















No comments:

Post a Comment